1. Miss Universe Guyana contestants must be 18 but no older than 28 years of age on 1st January of the year they wish to compete in.
2. Contestants must:
(a) not be married nor have ever been married or have children.
(b) be born in Guyana or have six months continuous residency at the time of entry and hold a current Guyanese passport;
(c) if she wins the Miss Universe Guyana or Miss Universe titles, be able to sign a Sole Agency and Management contract with Miss Universe Guyana/Miss Universe;
(d) No person who has taken part at any time in the Final of any international competition or has qualified for the Final of any international competition the same year is eligible to enter the competition. Special permission may be given by the organizers in extenuating circumstances.
3. There must be nothing in the contestant’s background that could bring into disrepute any aspect of the contest or its sponsors.
4. Entry forms must be filled in with names as they are on passports, etc. and not assumed or professional names.
5. Having signed the entry form and qualified for the final, contestants are reminded that they have signed a contract and that to break it is a serious matter.
6. The Miss Universe Guyana title is copyright. No person, nor organization, may use the titles, without the permission of Miss Universe Guyana Organization.
7. By entering the selection process and ultimately the contest, a contestant grants the organizers or the sponsors of the event, the right to use her name, photographs, voice, likeness, recommendations etc., relating to the contest, its title or any such connection between the contestant and the contest or title in any way it sees fit for advertising or sales promotions purposes, providing such use is not in a manner to cause harm to the contestant’s reputation or name. Such agreement will continue in a similar manner for further material issued resulting in participation in the contest or during year of office if she wins the title. We cannot guarantee the return of any materials sent to us as part of an application.
8. Contestants agree that from the date of winning entry into the National Final, until a period of fourteen days after the National Final, or for a period of six months after their reign as titleholder ends, they will not, without the prior permission in writing from the organizers, make any statement to the media, either directly or indirectly, nor give any interviews nor write any stories whatsoever appertaining to the competition or involving its name.
9. Contestants agree that their name and photographs may be used by the organizer in any advertising or promotion feature where the names “Miss Universe Guyana” or “Miss Universe” are included, providing such advertising or promotion shall not offend normal good taste.
10. Contestants are not eligible to compete in the Miss Universe Guyana if:
(a) Have represented Guyana at the grand final of another international contest during the same year.
(b) Only a National of Guyana is eligible to enter the contest. A National means a person born in Guyana, or who is a naturalized citizen of the country or whose parent or parents, or whose grandparent or grandparents are from the country of Guyana. She must also hold, or be entitled to hold a valid Guyanese passport and whose permanent address for the six months previous to and up to the date of the contest had been in Guyana or its territories. Special permission may be given to a Guyanese citizens whose business calls for them to live temporarily overseas, for example, the daughter of a serving soldier or diplomat; or if they are studying abroad.
(c) These rules were made to cover the Miss Universe Guyana contest. The organizers cannot accept any responsibility for neither any changes of rules in any associated contests nor any cancellation or changes in format in the Miss Universe Guyana National Pageant or other contests which prevent the winner from neither further participation nor any amendment to the rules in such contest, which would make Miss Universe Guyana ineligible to compete. For the purposes of identification, the organizers means, Miss Universe Guyana Organization.
11. IT IS EMPHASIZED THAT THE ORGANIZERS CANNOT IN ANY WAY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE LOSS OF ANY CONTESTANT’S PERSONAL EFFECTS. WHEN APPROPRIATE TAKE OUT INSURANCE AND DEPOSIT VALUABLES IN HOTEL SAFETY DEPOSITS.
12. In the event of any dispute over the rules of the contest the decision of the Miss Universe Guyana Organization is final.
13. It is up to each participant to organize travel to the event, i.e, to orientation at the start of the pageant week.